This is a reliable 24/7 firewall and router mini appliance that comes pre-installed open source pfSence software.
pfSense® is commonly deployed as a firewall, router, DHCP server, DNS server, and as a VPN access support. It also supports installation of third-party packages, such as Snort; Intrusion detection and prevention, Squid; a caching and forwarding HTTP web proxy, and more other tools through its Package Manager. This device is a small reliable appliance but does everything you need as firewall/router appliance for small business office.
With rich features of pfSense, it allows you to have enterprise class of network control and performance for the price of a home router.
The appliance capabilities include:
- State table/Firewall; Filtering by source and destination IP, IP protocol, source and destination port for TCP and UDP traffic
- NAT, Port Forwarding, DHCP Server, DNS Server
- VPN (IPSec, OpenSSL VPN)
- PPoE Server
- Reporting and Monitoring (RRD graphs and real time information)
- Dynamic DNS - High Availability Hardware
- 2x Intel 1Gbps NIC port
- Intel Atom CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz, 32-bit
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB SATA SSD
- Input Power: 100/240 VAC, 1A 50-60 Hz, 30 W maximum
- Front Access Port: RJ45 serial (console port), Two RJ45 Ethernet, and USB
- LEDs: Power LED, HDD activity LED, and hardware alert LED
- Dimension: 7.7 (D)x 4.3 (w) x 1.7 (H) inches
- Operating Temperature 41 °F - 104 °F (5° through 40° C)
- Relative humidity: 8% - 90% non condensing .
Accessories include :
- 1x Power adapter with US 2-prong power cord, 1x Serial console adapter with white cable, 2x Cat5e 7ft ables, and quick user guide.